Classical Extras error: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'

Hi,

Classical Extras throws this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/picard/coverart/__init__.py", line 144, in next_in_queue
provider = next(self.providers)
StopIteration

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/picard/album.py", line 314, in _finalize_loading_track
run_track_metadata_processors(self, tm, track_node, self._release_node)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/picard/metadata.py", line 628, in run_track_metadata_processors
_track_metadata_processors.run(album_object, metadata, track, release)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/picard/plugin.py", line 257, in run
function(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/xxxxxx/.config/MusicBrainz/Picard/plugins/classical_extras.zip/classical_extras/__init__.py", line 3184, in add_artist_info
lang = locale.split("_")[0]
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'

and it repeats for every track in every release added.

Picad About info: Python 3.10.1, PyQt 5.15.6, Qt 5.15.2, Mutagen 1.45.1, Discid discid 1.2.0, libdiscid 0.6.2, astrcmp C, SSL OpenSSL 1.1.1m 14 Dec 2021

Arch Linux.

Also, It doesn’t seem to be ‘configuration file’ related. Testing with a clean config has the same problem, with the same error.

The Classical Extras plugin is incompatible with Picard 2.7 and hasn’t been updated yet. See also PICARD-2381

2 Likes

Thank you. Downgraded to 2.6.4.

I am curious:

The Classical Extras plugin is an impressive piece of work and an important plugin for (I am guessing) many users.

I find it a bit strange that a new Picard version was released that breaks functionality, and the developers don’t seem to be concerned about Picard’s own role in that.

I am not sure that is sending a good message to plugin developers that are putting in a lot of time and effort in their work.

I have pushed a small fix for the Classical Extras plugin that resolves the crash. Version 2.0.14 should be available via plugin update now.

3 Likes

Thank you, It’s working fine again :smiley: