Change password on MetaBrainz Tickets

Hi!

I have an old login from the tickets.musicbrainz.org (or jira.musicbrainz.org or bugs.musicbrainz.org) site. The login still works on https://tickets.metabrainz.org/ . However, I cannot change the password or associated email address for this login.

Is there a way to change this?

Regards,
zout

[edit 1: added bugs.musicbrainz.org]
[edit 2: added jira.musicbrainz.org]

1 Like

I see we can now log in through MusicBrainz!
Maybe the old password system should be removed, so that we could now only log in through MusicBrainz?

Then old site usernames should be linked to MB users.

3 Likes

Indeed, that was disabled by the new add-on for signing in with either MusicBrainz or GitHub. I turned it back on. You should be able to change your password again.

4 Likes

It cannot be removed for now because people are not necessarily using the same email for MusicBrainz and Tickets. Plus, it allows signing in with GitHub to ease reporting issues from GitHub repositories.

Unifying user management for all MetaBrainz projects is longer term plan.

5 Likes

Thanks, I’ve changed my password.

Is there no option to change email address as well? I couldn’t find it on Log in - MetaBrainz Tickets .

1 Like

Click on the pen icon :pen: “Edit Profile” at the right of the “Details” section to open the editing dialog.

4 Likes

Thanks. Not sure how I missed that…

1 Like

It’s absolutely not surprising that you missed it as it is very well hidden.
I also strive whenever I want to edit my profile, it’s a challenge.

Atlassian (tickets is Atlassian Jira) are very good at making simple things complex, strange, hidden or simply missing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes