Centralised MusicBrainz Userscripts Repository

As an alternative to the script, you can copy the TOC from an EAC log on RED into this website : https://eac-log-lookup.blogspot.com/

It will then convert the TOC to a DiscID that you can assign to a release on MB.

EDIT: not my site…

1 Like

Yeah I use that when adding missing Disc IDs. The script was useful for knowing is MB was missing the DiscID at a glance.

What’s RED? :thinking:

2 Likes

Redacted, a music torrent site.

1 Like

Is it this script in the repository wiki? ‘Edition lookup by CD TOC [on Gazelle torrent trackers]’

If it’s this button it’s working okay for me, it seems:

Otherwise let me know which script you mean and I’ll mark it as broken in the repository.

(I don’t think this is off-topic fwiw)

It’s the script called Musicbrainz Disc ID detector, it was pretty fast and showed the disc ID below the group and whether it was found in MB automatically. I was unaware of this script though and it seems to do the same thing (takes a bit longer to search), so thanks! I’ll use this instead.

One of my other scripts or extensions might be interfering with DiscID Detector anyway, so it might not actually be broken, if anyone else wants to test it and lemme know.

1 Like

@aerozol I edited the page first time and noticed a mix of 2 userscript descriptions in your last update:

Links to related pages for releases, like ongaku no mori.

This seems related to some other script.
I see no references to minc.or.jp in that âme script.

Thanks @jesus2099, I’ve removed that line of the description, pending confirmation from the script author (the text came from them).

btw @kellnerd, I had removed the colour backgrounds from broken script links, to try differentiate them, but happy to have them have background colours as well, if it looked confusing/wrong. (kellnerd added the colours back in a recent revision)

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Bookmarklet/Userscript to guess Unicode punctuation of titles

I’m trying to install the “Copy Tracklist from OTOTOY” userscript but nothing happens when clicking the download button. Clicking the other 2 buttons next to the download sends me straight to the Github 404 screen.

1 Like

The musicbrainz-scripts repo by redbluescreen was made private or deleted (archive of script). Try the one from @rinsuki

Thanks for reporting! @chaban has removed the broken script from the userscripts repository for us already :+1:

Firstly, does anyone know if there’s a reason why there’s both a ‘misc’ and a ‘other’ sections in the userscript repository? Shall I merge them?

I was also thinking about alphabetizing the sections - if that’s a bad idea please let me know!

Secondly, not a new script, but I imagine everyone in this thread will have @jesus2099’s brilliant Funkey Illustrated Records userscript installed.

I have made a ticket for adding MB cover art thumbnails (I had always assumed one already existed…), that uses the script as its basis. This is your chance to share if there’s anything you think could be changed, or if you hate the tweaks that I’ve proposed:

2 Likes

Nice ticket, for the covers!

Ha ha, funny.
I think you can merge.
And misc contains an importer that should be moved, apparently.

1 Like