Centralised MusicBrainz Userscripts Repository

Here’s a userscript from ToadKing that uses API access to Apple Music to provide barcodes, ISRCs, and other metadata from Apple Music releases. Ever since ToadKing updated the script to automatically search for the correct Apple Music API token, I’ve had no problems with the script working and it has become very useful since Apple cut off the iTunes API, preventing it from working fully with a-tisket.

2 Likes

Thanks, I added it under ‘Userscripts: Other’.

I don’t mind adding these, but you can always edit the wiki yourself if you feel like making a change.

When I try to make an account to edit the wiki a popup opens asking me to sign in after about 5 seconds and doesn’t allow me to finish filling out the form. If I’m fast I can enter all of the information before the popup appears but when I hit submit it brings me to a blank error page.

1 Like

It is normal, it is an anti-spam wall.
Is there a text in the popup telling you what to type?
If not, what is your browser?

I get the popup without instructions as well… you just have to type NOTSPAM into both fields.

Not ideal, if you don’t know about it :pensive:

1 Like

I’m using Brave and for me, it says nothing about it being anti-spam it just says “Sign in”.

Testing on two different types of Firefox (Tor and standard Firefox) shows a slightly different message saying “This site is asking you to sign in.”

After following aerozol’s suggestion to type NOTSPAM into both of the fields, I was able to create an account and sign in.

3 Likes

Thanks @Mr.man1093, it seems there is a possible improvement, as we can see the Create Account page in the background.
It could contain the instructions:

4 Likes

I added two of atj’s userscripts to the Userscripts: Other section and made a few minor changes.

1 Like

“Adds an “import ISRCs” link on MusicBrainz releases which have a Spotify URL.”

:0

Installed!

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve used that one on releases that were either submitted manually or were done through a-tisket but never had ISRCs submitted.

I added a new section to the userscript wiki page/repository: Writing userscripts

It just has @kellnerd’s userscript-bundler linked there right now, but if anyone can flesh it out a little bit (is there an actual guide anywhere?) then please do!

Added @RandomMushroom128’s new ‘Add release(group) links from level above’ script to the repository.

Script thread:

I couldn’t find a thread for the script itself, so I just wanted to say that the DiscID script is broken (on RED at least). It doesn’t let you open the torrent group for some reason anymore. I opened a Github issue a while ago about it.

1 Like

Pretty sure that script is mostly unmaintained by the maker so you’d probably have to write and submit a fix yourself. Feel free to start a new thread if you want to see if someone else can do it and is willing to put time in - let’s keep this thread for actual announcements mostly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As an alternative to the script, you can copy the TOC from an EAC log on RED into this website : https://eac-log-lookup.blogspot.com/

It will then convert the TOC to a DiscID that you can assign to a release on MB.

EDIT: not my site…

1 Like

Yeah I use that when adding missing Disc IDs. The script was useful for knowing is MB was missing the DiscID at a glance.

What’s RED? :thinking:

2 Likes

Redacted, a music torrent site.

1 Like

Is it this script in the repository wiki? ‘Edition lookup by CD TOC [on Gazelle torrent trackers]’

If it’s this button it’s working okay for me, it seems:

Otherwise let me know which script you mean and I’ll mark it as broken in the repository.

(I don’t think this is off-topic fwiw)

It’s the script called Musicbrainz Disc ID detector, it was pretty fast and showed the disc ID below the group and whether it was found in MB automatically. I was unaware of this script though and it seems to do the same thing (takes a bit longer to search), so thanks! I’ll use this instead.

One of my other scripts or extensions might be interfering with DiscID Detector anyway, so it might not actually be broken, if anyone else wants to test it and lemme know.

1 Like