The issue is, indeed, related to size. We are already working on a solution, and it should be resolved within the next 1-2 days.
Thank you for your patience!
Hello everyone!
Last week and this week I have been working on playlist importing issues.
I have already fixed an issue on the Spotify side limiting importing to 100 tracks, and currently working on fixing Apple Music which suffers the same issue.
I am also looking at issue swith exporting to Spotify, where newlines in our descriptions seem to be causing the playlists to be rejected.
Once that is all deployed I will come back here to ask for more testing.
Could the current track/artist matching logic be revised?
Right now a lot of tracks are missing on export (even if a simple search on spotify outputs the right tracks as first result), making the feature a bit useless since most times I spend less time directly creating the playlist in spotify than using ListenBrainz first.
@Isabelxxx this is not the right place to bring up your issue. Please do not hijack threads. This thread is about the limit on importing large playlists from Spotify. If you need help with something else, please create a new thread.
I am also looking at issue swith exporting to Spotify, where newlines in our descriptions seem to be causing the playlists to be rejected.
I’m just answering to this part, since the entire logic of Spotify playlist exporting has problems and the dev was revising it. No intention to hijack the thread.
i have already found a bug with the importer (for apple music)
sometimes it can’t find a match for a song and then it just give you an error message that it didn’t work.
Still having trouble in 2026, using Chrome on the BIRP! Best Of 2022 playlist (156 tracks). Tried also copy-pasting the playlist to a new one where I am the owner, per some other thread online, but the import still has an error. Per the console, the error is 400 Bad Request.
(The alternative would be to easily export such playlist data from Spotify etc to csv, but that’d only be useful if we could add new releases to MB by searching ISRCs alone, or smartly searched as a single track, and not having to confirm every artist and release individually and separately.)