Cannot set the iCloud dir and research my library

I installed the app, but cannot set the directory to iCloud/musik.
I start with button “add directory” and open the iCloud /musik dir. But I see only 1 music file.
what’s wrong ?

1 Like

I don’t know for sure, but Picard can only see what is locally on your file system. The other files are probably just in the cloud and made available in Finder, but are not visible in the file system.

You can maybe add those files by using Add Files or you could try dragging the files themselves from Finder into Picard. But you have to try, I don’t know whether this works.

3 Likes

I just did a little research about this and tried it myself. I cannot fully say for sure, but if you have “Optimize Mac Storage” activated in System Preferences > iCloud > iCloud Drive Options the macOS will not mirror all your files in your iCloud locally on your disk. Instead it manages this dynamically based on the file size and how you use these files.

So in your case it looks like all but 1 music file where only in the cloud, but not local. Unfortunately macOS does not give you direct control over what gets mirrored and what not. You could try opening those files individually in Finder, that should trigger a download.

Or if you have enough space on your local drive try to disable “Optimize Mac Storage”. Then macOS should attempt to mirror your entire iCloud Drive locally and the files will be available for tagging. The alternative would be that you manually make a copy of your iClloud music folder locally and tag this.

I myself could not fully test and reproduce your issue, as I just did not have enough data in my iCloud and macOS would mirror it fully once I enabled the iCloud.

3 Likes

I would hazard a guess that this is the same for anyone storing their music in a service like Dropbox or Microsoft OneDrive with the On-Demand files option enabled (meaning the files are downloaded when you request the file, not kept sync’d to the device).