Can I select per-disc (or track) cover art in Picard?

I have a three-disc album where each disc is in a separate jewel case with its own cover art. The album already existed in MusicBrainz but lacked cover art. So I added it (3 front covers with a comment CD1, CD2, CD3). I note from a prior thread [1] and ticket [2] that cover-art per disc (medium) isn’t supported.

I have successfully tagged the three disc set of tracks using Picard but I cannot work out how to choose which cover art to apply to specific tracks. I tried selecting by clicking on the image displayed at the bottom right of the screen - I could see all the cover art there but I could not work out how to apply a spcific image to a selection of tracks.

Is it possible to do this ?

[1] Add cover art for each medium
[2] https://tickets.metabrainz.org/browse/MBS-5449

Not tested, but should work:

• Match all tracks to album in Picard
  • select art at bottom right
  • select only the tracks that you want to have that art in Picard
  • hit Save
  • select next art at bottom right
  • select only the tracks that you want to have that art in Picard
  • hit Save…

And repeat.

1 Like

That’s what I thought too. But I can’t get past step 2. How do I select art at bottom right?

I can see the current cover art in the bottom right and I can click “show more details” to see all cover art, from where I tried selecting the one I want. But it made no difference. I would have expected the image to be displayed as “new cover art” so that I could then proceed with step 3.

(picard 1.4.2 on Linux)