Better file naming convention for tracks with partially missing information? [updated]

I want my music to be tagged the same way, even if it is not found in the DB. When I save something not found in the DB for whatever reason this sometimes happens:

$if2(%albumartist%,%artist%)/$if($ne(%albumartist%,),%album%/,)$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),%discnumber%-,)$if($ne(%albumartist%,),$num(%tracknumber%,2) ,)$if(%_multiartist%,%artist% - ,)%title%

It does not make a parent folder for the album. Any idea what I’m doing wrong? They are being clustered together… Why would they all not get saved in this parent folder?

Doh.

Just realized as the ‘Album Artist’ is missing that entire directory is skipped. Seems like maybe the default could be changed from

$if2(%albumartist%,%artist%)/
to
$if2(%albumartist%,%artist%,%albumartist%)/

this is wrong, I’m just going to sleep on this one. Not sure how to get a bootleg DL like this to something straight forward when it has chunked information

Sorry, its late~~~ Not sure if this is the right place for suggestions/comments.

You have this in your script:

$if($ne(%albumartist%,),%album%/,)

This creates an album folder only if albumartist is set. If you want to make the album folder independent of there being an albumartists just replace this with

%album%/

The second doesn’t make any sense and is functional identical to the first one. The logic here is that if albumartist is not set, it would use artist. And if artist is also not set, it would use albumartist, but that’s not set. So both give you something empty.

2 Likes