Automatically change genre to one genre

I only listen to one genre of music and would like to auto tag genre with the following Genre = Hip-Hop/Rap is there a script that will do this for me

Yes:

$set(genre,Hip-Hop/Rap)
3 Likes

But why do you care about ā€˜genreā€™ at all then?

Why was the post by hiccup flagged? That seemed a genuine question

Because it was judgy and rude, but I removed the offending bit and left the question itself which can be relevant.

2 Likes

I see that this was just now flagged as:

'Your post was flagged as inappropriate*: the community feels it is offensive, abusive, to be hateful conduct or a violation of our community guidelines"

This kind of censorship, and telling other people what words they may use, or how they are allowed to express themselves ā€œor you will be punishedā€ is extremely ugly.

And I have been noticing it for a long time on the MusicBrainz forum.
Itā€™s especially sad since the people that are doing the actual work (the MusicBrainz and Picard coders) have a clear head on their shoulders, and I appreciate their work a lot.

Regarding this forum, I know it is just two or three people with some personal issues and agendas that are allowed to interfere with what other users may say, or how they say it.
(I also know they have been known to use aliases to create posts to attack and discredit other users, cowardly hiding their ā€˜trueā€™ identityā€™. How sad)

Again, I have tremendous respect for the guys who are responsible for MusicBrainz and Picard, who are doing the actual work, but I am fed up with how the forum is/has been managed/controlled by a few people that are allowed their personal issues and agendas to be much more important.

Until that changes, Iā€™m out of here, itā€™s not worth my time or the aggravation.

2 Likes

So, ā€œthe community feels thatā€¦ā€ is not really the community, itā€™s just you.

I have known/suspected that for along time, but itā€™s good to see it confirmed now.

Perhaps it would be good to be honest about that in the future?
You (and the guy who is flipping the finger to all users in his ā€˜welcomingā€™ avatar) should have been in the past too if you ask me.

In fact, no, it was reported by someone else :slight_smile: But yes, since Freso is not currently in the team itā€™s my job to do community management, so Iā€™m obviously going to respond to such reports.

If trying to maintain a friendly community is ugly to you, maybe your values donā€™t align with the MetaBrainz ones (the first line of our code of conduct says ā€œBe polite. Remember that thereā€™s a real person on the receiving end of any communication. Treat people as youā€™d wish to be treated yourselfā€). You may notice I also didnā€™t say that ā€œyou will be punishedā€ - I just removed the offending bit and made the post visible again.

For what itā€™s worth, Iā€™m also one of the people doing ā€œthe actual workā€ you talk about :slight_smile: Although Iā€™d argue having a friendly community where people feel safe is as important as that.

Sad to see this as the result, but if that is easier for you than being polite and respectful, then it might be for the best.

Iā€™m closing this thread since the original question was answered already in the first answer. If you want to continue the discussion publicly let me know and I can split this into a separate thread.

6 Likes