Authorization request is on a loop?

I’m a relative noob on MusicBrainz. It appears like it could work miracles for my collection, I’m just trying to sort through a couple of issues. The one I’m having now is that after clicking “lookup” on a batch of about 300 unclustered files, I get a popup “Picard needs authorization to access your personal data on the MusicBrainz server. Would you like to log in now?” I select yes, it opens up the website and provides me with the token, I copy and past it into Picard… then it asks again. I did this 5 times and it’s still asking. It appears to want to do this for each song… as the job count in the lower right goes down each time I enter a token.

Mac OSX 10.14.5, Picard version 2.1.3

If there are many requests pending this could indeed happen. As the requests are already queued up they also miss the authentication details. Not sure if we could currently work around it.

I’d suggest you make sure to set the credentials in options and then try with only a single or at least a few files, if all is good you can continue with the whole set of 300 files.

1 Like

@elanvital it is not a loop ive had it happen to me if you do what outsidecontext has said then it should work if it doues not do it again and then restart picard before adding files

1 Like

I am frequently encountering this error, which requires “hundreds of clicks” in order to escape. (I’ve been using Picard for years.)

My authentication details were in when the program loaded, so this is some type of error handling issue.

If I click through the list, I can reload the albums manually, but getting to that point is highly tedious…

try removing you authentication details then relaunch Picard and add it again, if that douse not work do it again but relaunch Picard and then try adding a a song you know has been asking you for it if that douse not work come back here and update us

Make sure you are using the latest version 2.1.3 and not 2.1.0. if you are using 2.1.0 there is a bug that can trigger this for certain releases.

1 Like

Can you provide the output from the debug log in Help > View Error/Debug log when this happens?

1 Like

I logged out, restarted, and logged back in. The error hasn’t come up since.

I’ll post the log if I reproduce the problem. Thanks.

2 Likes

all good :wink: iv had the same problem before and iv yet to have it come back. im not sure what the makes it happen but the fix is pretty simple. :slight_smile: