Apple Music Classical and their "Track by Track" commentary albums: What to do?

Hi community!

While scrolling through my personal Apple Music recommendations, I found that Apple Music Classical has collaborated with Yo-Yo Ma to release a commentary “album” for his Six Evolutions - Bach: Cello Suites release, named “Track by Track: Yo-Yo Ma on Six Evolutions – Bach Cello Suites

Each track in the commentary album lasts for under a minute and does not include any music.
Moreover, the album is currently unlisted and cannot be found on Yo-Yo Ma’s artist page. (I suspect this is because it would be only visible on the AM Classical app, which unfortunately I do not have access to.)

I wanted to add the release to MB, but I’ve got two questions:

• Which type should I tag the release as?
    Primary: Album? Others?
    (For secondary I think just using Spokenword is fine.)
  • Should I tag the label as “Apple Music”, or create a new label called “Apple Music Classical”?
    The Apple Music API states that the release label is “Apple Music Classical”, and without any copyright information.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2 Likes

Hmm, I would lean this way:

• Type: Other
  • New Apple Music Classical label (I’m sure others will know more on this topic, but it’s not hard to merge labels later if needed)

But in general, don’t be afraid to just enter releases like this, and then fix them up later! Doesn’t have to be perfect :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the advice! :smiley:

If a commentary album does not contain any music and consists solely of Yo-Yo Ma’s commentaries, it may be labeled as a Spokenword release with the primary album type. As for the shortcut, it would be appropriate to use “Apple Music Classical” as that is the name of the shortcut provided by the Apple Music API.

1 Like