All of my albums are not displayed after MusicBrainz Picard restart

Hi all,

Bit of an odd problem here. I am using MusicBrainz Picard on Arch Linux, and when I import an album into the program, identify it, have it appear in the right hand pane, edit tags and save it, then close the program, when I start it up again the album is not there! I can import it again and all of my edits and new tags are there, but how can I have all of my identified albums or clusters show up again when I reboot the program? Am I missing something?

Welcome to the forums :wave:

This is normal behavior. It might be helpful to view Picard more as a single-use tool for tagging. If you’re coming from something like iTunes, Clementine, or other Jukebox applications, I know this can be a little confusing.

With that said, you could enable the “File Browser” (View → File Browser), which will let you traverse the directory where your music files are stored. However, it’s really more geared toward a tagging workflow.

3 Likes

In short, Picard is a tagger not a library manager.

You might want to try the free version of Media Monkey if you want a library manager.

1 Like

Ahhh great, thank you! I understand now. Once I get my library fully tagged then this will be fine. I had initially been frustrated that I had clustered a lot of releases to deal with later then they disappeared. I will adjust my workflow accordingly now!

5 Likes