All my listens got deleted/emptied

Hello everyone, so today I was listening to some song and I use the Web-Scrobbler extension on Chrome which shows a notification when the track is scrobbling, then I went to my ListenBrainz listens page and all my listen activity got emptied (it had 470 listens), as it shows on the screenshot:

2 Likes

I just noticed the same issue.

I use Pano Scrobbler on Android, Web-Scrobbler on Firefox, Spotify imports directly as well as my listens through Lollypop.

1 Like

Hi all!

Yes, we had a hiccup with our DB earlier – we’re still investigating what went wrong.

What we do know is that the listen data is fine – the listen counts, however got borked in the process and its going to take some time to recalculate them.

We’re on it – hang in there!

18 Likes

Alright, thanks for letting us know.

1 Like

Quick update: The problem is worse than we expected and we’re now restoring a backup; this means we may loose a few hours of listens. :frowning:

We’re going to start with the import of the back up very soon.

More details as we have them.

22 Likes

Thank you for the update

2 Likes

@rob: Do you know if this happened to everyone, or just a subset of users? Sorry if I’m pinging you at a bad time, you don’t need to answer, I’m just curious.

Hi,
I have this issue too.
Any updates ?
Thanks.

We’re finishing the process to restore data. We should have a blog post explaining all shortly thereafer – should be less than 2-3 hours.

7 Likes

Everyone. :frowning:

6 Likes

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

As unfortunate as this situation is, I am still grateful for the services that this website provides.

Thank you rob and the other members of the team, who I assume are unpaid volunteers, who are sacrificing their weekends in order to resolve this issue as soon as possible for the rest of us.

7 Likes

Thankfully, 9 people on our core team are paid. But, still working weekends, because we’re a bit passionate about our sites. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Your passion definitely shows in your active engagement with the community.

I can’t imagine how stressful and nerve-wracking the past 24 hours must have been for you and the team.

Thank you again for the hard work.

5 Likes

Thank you very much for your work :slight_smile:

2 Likes
5 Likes

Thank you for the blog post.

Unfortunately, all my manually linked listens/recordings are still unlinked.

Will we will have to manually re-link all of them again? :frowning:

1 Like

Thankfully, I was able to recover the missing listens from my system logs, which weren’t that many in the first place on those days.

I noticed, however, that my missing listens started from November 1st, somewhere between 1 am and 11 am UTC, thus earlier than the timestamp given in the blog post. Just as a heads-up for others checking their history.

Furthermore, the taste section is still incomplete, with likes completely missing and pins not showing the connected recordings. Will this be resolved by itself or does it require further maintenance?

I also noticed that exported listen dumps are now noticeably smaller (mine went from 16 to 13 MiB even though the number of listens increased in the 3 months since the last dump). The reason seems to be a missing or reduced mbid_mappings section. Is that intended, or an effect of the data restore?

2 Likes

Thankfully, I was able to recover the missing listens from my system logs, which weren’t that many in the first place on those days.

Can you explain how you were able to do this, in case it helps the rest of us?

I noticed, however, that my missing listens started from November 1st, somewhere between 1 am and 11 am UTC, thus earlier than the timestamp given in the blog post. Just as a heads-up for others checking their history.

I noticed that too. The lost listens start earlier than stated in the blog post.

I also noticed that exported listen dumps are now noticeably smaller (mine went from 16 to 13 MiB even though the number of listens increased in the 3 months since the last dump). The reason seems to be a missing or reduced mbid_mappings section. Is that intended, or an effect of the data restore?

Could this be related to what I said in my post above yours, about manual linked listens no longer being linked?

Same here. All listens from November 1st are missing, and listening history picks up again at 16:30 Nov 2nd (CET).

In addition, I notice that artwork is no longer displaying for my recent listens. Could be a temporary thing?

2 Likes

Yes, hopefully that will be working again in a few hours.

1 Like