After saving files from album and removing

After I save the files and remove them I then go to location and only one song from the album is there the rest are nowhere to be found.

If you look at the file’s info dialog in Picard before you remove it. If you are unsure of whether the file got saved where you expected take a look there.

Otherwise what are your settings for file renaming? Do you have “move files” enabled? What destination folder have you set? What’s your file naming script? And what release where the files you are looking for tagged against?

1 Like

The File Renaming script in Picard is a powerful weapon - and in the right hands it can be used for great good, but in the wrong hands it can also be a terrible curse.

@dujuarez Please go into Picard settings and copy your file renaming script and post it here.

@outsidecontext Philipp - do we need to think about having a sensibility checker in Picard to warn users if their file renaming script is likely to scatter files around the place i.e. it has track-specific tags in the path, or has a relative root or looks like it isn’t going to create a sensibly structured music library?

$if2(%albumartist%,%artist%)/

$if(%albumartist%,%album%/,)

$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,9),$num(%discnumber%,2),%discnumber%)-,)$if($and(%albumartist%,%tracknumber%),$num(%tracknumber%,2) ,)$if(%_multiartist%,%artist% - ,)%title%

I do have move files after renaming. And I believe I found the renamed files.
I have this as my destination location : “C:\Users\Garage02\Desktop\Steely Dan”. I found the files here “C:\Users\Garage02\Desktop\Steely Dan\Steely Dan”. I will try and rename more files and see if that is the case. I was hesitant to continue renaming files thinking that I was losing them.

Yes, if that’s the destination folder then it is expected that the folder hierarchy (in your case artist and album) gets created there. Set the destination to the root folder where you want to place the tagged files, e.g. maybe in your case C:\Users\Garage02\Desktop . Or something like C:\Users\Garage02\Music

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Cyrillic characters in filenames are replaced with underscores