Additional votes needed

I’d like to request some additional votes on some edits. Primary discussion is HERE for the Halo 3: Original Soundtrack

My edits
Main Tracklist for Disc 1
Recording for Track 2
Recording for Track 5
Recording for Track 8
Recording for Track 9

Warlord Blade’s edit
Main Tracklist for Disc 1
Recording for Track 8

Booklet scan from Discogs
[URL=http://s1186.photobucket.com/user/SHat221bBS/media/MusicBrainz/Halo3BookletDisc2_zpswkrmjpjv.jpg.html][/URL]

Most tracks have multiple compositions and most are by the same composers except the ones with an * (asterisk)
"*Composed and produced by Martin O’Donnell (ASCAP) Michael Salvatori (ASCAP) and C Paul Johnson (ASCAP)"

Following compositions are by Martin O’Donnell, Michael Salvatori and C Paul Johnson the rest by Martin O’Donnell and Michael Salvatori
Track 2: Wild Life
Track 5: Cold Logic
Track 8: To Kill a Demon
Track 9: Innocents of Vol

Warlord changed the composer of track 8 to just C Paul Johnson. This is incorrect as seem in the scan above. I voted no and entered the corrections which he voted no on.

Additional votes would be appreciated
@Warlord_Blade .

For the tracks at issue, the credit should simply be “Martin O’Donnell, Michael Salvatori and C Paul Johnson”.

The way I did it might seem “complicated”, but follows style guide
https://musicbrainz.org/doc/Style/Artist_Credits#Multiple_artists_.2F_Splits

Unless there is special consideration because this is just a part of a score? and follows some classical guide (which I’m really not to familiar with)

Its a soundtrack and they’re working together, rather than a strict compilation of songs, so I figure a simple listing of composers would be sufficient.

Yes, they’re working together, BUT only on certain parts of the score.

Since we’re treating the different parts of the score as multiple titles, we should also treat the artists the same if they are different.

I don’t think we need to worry about classical style guide for a soundtrack.

The links from the quote below are from the normal style guide

1 Like

Those edits are improvements towards proper credits as printed, so I felt and voted yes.

1 Like

Curious about what you think, doesn’t seem like you agree with my edit, completely. Do you support the simplified way that CyberSkull suggested or do you have a third option?

Also, It seem that there are two other compositions that’s credited to Martin O’Donnell, Michael Salvatori and C Paul Johnson.

Disc 2:
Track 6: Escape
Track 8: Flood Rising

No no, I totally agree with your edit.
They give credits for each part so you credit each part.