AcoustID not displayed in Picard

Hello,

Could you explain when Picard display the AcoustID in the bottom frame and when not:
I was loading some FLAC files and strangely for most releases it displays the AcoustID field under Date (ex 1.) but for another one it is not displayed (ex 2.)

Both release shave a disc IDs and recordings with AcoustIDs

ex:

1. https://musicbrainz.org/release/145ab4e5-83e4-4504-9951-f219c91ec60c
  2. https://musicbrainz.org/release/ef542962-92a0-468b-96f8-7f63057ef3f2

If you load files into Picard and they show an AcoustID this means this AcoustID was already stored in the tags. If some files donā€™t have an AcoustID it means they donā€™t have this in their tags.

To get an AcoustID for a file one needs to first generate the fingerprint for this file and than ask the AcoustID server for a match. In Picard the ā€œScanā€ function does this.

1 Like

But there is already AcoustIDs for this release.
I also try to rescan and send them again but still nothing appearing

What exactly happens if you scan those files? Does it match them to the release? Does Picard show the AcoustID in the metadata of those files directly after scanning? Do you save them afterwards?

1 Like

Ok got it now.

I used Scan function and indeed the IDs are now displayed, I thought Generate AcoustIDs would be same as scanning.

Thanks for the help

ā€œGenerate AcoustID Fingerprintsā€ actually just generates the fingerprints you can use then for submission. It does not do the extra network calls to match a fingerprint to an AcoustID and a MB recording.

1 Like

Understood,

So means when tagging new files a second step after using Cluster to scan everything :frowning:

Yes, because you have the choice between:
a) Scan
and
b) Lookup

If none of this two automated methods are available, or donā€™t produce the desired results you still can
c) Lookup in Browser
or
d) Manual Lookup

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if ā€˜scanā€™ respects a ā€˜clusterā€™? Lookup does, but scanning ignores all existing tags/groupings I think? (someoneā€¦ helpā€¦)

1 Like