AcousticBrainz Mood-Genre Plugin

I understand this is an experimental plug-in. Is there any way of keeping the Genre tag untouched, while allowing the plugin to add in the Mood tag?

I would imagine that the plugin could be modified to allow a configuration of which tag you’d like to write (like the last.fm one), otherwise though, is there a script or a setting that would retain the Genre from the MB DB?

Note: I have many tags to clean up, so I don’t necessarily want to preserve the tag. I just don’t want the plugin to overwrite it.

Also related to Genres and confusing me while trying to figure the above plugin out.
When I compare this release:
https://musicbrainz.org/release/4d90c45e-691e-4723-aaa2-26f576c7e64a?tport=8000

Picard shows the Genre as Pop (for all tracks), but looking at the album data there there is a variety of latin, rock, blues, etc… for the various tracks. I am wondering why this may be? Any Genre plugins are disabled, and Picard defaults are left in place (e.g. no folksonomy tags selected)

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, I have searched as far as I can.

-N.

Currently not, this would require the plugin to provide some options for it, yes. But sounds like a good idea to have.

By default Picard does not set any genre tag. You have to enable “Use folksonomy tags as genre”, then it should work.

Thank you for your response.

I tried selecting the ‘Use folksonomy tags as genre’ (under Options - Metadata), with no change.
I also selected ‘Fall back on album’s artists tags if no tags…’ (under submenu of Metadata), again no change.
Other options also tried was the ‘Join multiple tags with - ;’ set and ‘Minimal tag usage at 1%’, again no change.

Regarding the plugin I copied the original zip (acousticbrainz.zip) and renamed it, then edited the python script (acousticbrainz.py) to remove the references to genre & genres - clearly this isn’t ideal and presumably will get zapped on next update;

**if k.startswith("genre_") and not v["value"].startswith("not_"):**

** genres.append(v[“value”])**

-and-

**metadata["genre"] = genres**

-and-

log.debug("%s: Track %s (%s) Parsed response (**genres: %s,** moods: %s)", PLUGIN_NAME, metadata["musicbrainz_recordingid"], metadata["title"], **str(genres),** str(moods))