Acousticbrainz GUI App for Mac Question

Hi. Really wanting to analyze my music and upload to acousticbrainz. I have a problem though and can’t figure it out .

Everytime I point the extractor app to a folder that has aiff files in it. The app gives me a. Error that says there are no audio files in the folder.

I am currently re ripping my CD collection using XLD, adding and tagging them through musicbrainz, and putting them on my Plex server. I want to contribute to the music community as I have hundreds of CDs that I have bought over the last 20 years.

I am archiving my CD collection and figured my CDs could help the community. If anyone could please help me analyze my tracks and get them submitted that would be great.

Hi there,
Sorry that it took so long to get a reply to you. Unfortunately our GUI doesn’t support aiff, but I’ll add a ticket to look at adding it! (However, unfortunately you may also have seen that we’re quite behind on development of the client tools - Is acousticbrainz-client stale?)

Did you manage to submit data using the commandline tool?

Hey there thanks for getting back to me.

No I couldn’t, command line I was a bit nervous to use. I have some experience in the command line but I was feeling nervous so I didn’t use.

You know. I don’t mind ripping my CDs to FLAC just for the purpose of creating a acousticbrainz data. Question now is. Does the file format matter when it comes to the fingerprint and analysis of the music? Will there be a different fingerprint and analysis if its an AIFF file vs a FLAC file? I have original CDs so the source is the same. I can rip to lossless FLAC no problem.

Also, I am a bit confused as to if MusicBrainz Picard does analysis of the music files or just top level fingerprint? Its not really clear for newbies. I understand there is a difference. Deeper analysis of the audio to pull more info out like mood and style, etc… vs, just identifying the waveform for the song it is. I want to provide deeper audio info for the project.

Sorry if these are dumb questions. I just want to get this right before I start adding all my CDs.