Will importing listens from last.fm add tracks already listened on listenbrainz?

I’ve been using last.fm for a few years and I really don’t like it. Somehow just only found out about listenbrainz, even after using musicbrainz for years. I’ve been using both listenbrainz and last.fm for the past month or so, and I’d like to import all of my scrobbles from last.fm. I’m worried, though, that all of the tracks I scrobbled while already using listenbrainz at the same thing will be listened twice.

3 Likes

I had this same issue. What I did was, I deleted all of my listens on ListenBrainz and I reimported all of it from Last.fm. This worked out well, only issue I had was that it took some time for my stats-page to remove the previously deleted listens (see this post for more info Stats page shows deleted listens ).

1 Like

As long as the scrobbler submitted the same timestamps to both LB and LFM, there should be no duplicates. Otherwise, you can delete all your listens from settings and then trigger an import from LFM.

2 Likes