Why are my file names not saving correctly [More details inside]

I am new to musicbrianz and just trying to work everything out.

I have scanned an album and saw that a few files came back unrecognised but I thought I would save it anyway.

When I check the saved file for some reason the names (the numbers are not in the correct order)

As you can see from the screen shot below after number 11 files are starting again from number 5 … what’s going on?

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

This is a two disc release, and the numbers in the file names restart on the second disc. If you want you can also add the disc number to the file names using the %discnumber% variable. Or maybe you are tagging against the wrong version of the release, e.g. this is a two vinyl LP release, but you want to tag against the one disc CD release. In that case you can right click on the album in Picard and select a different version.

Another option: Use %_albumtracknumber% instead of %tracknumber%. %_albumtracknumber% provides absolute track numbers independent of the discs.

1 Like

There are many ways to organize your albums. For me, I have placed each medium/disc in a separate folder (named (disc1), (disc2), etc).

I would recommend looking through two articles when you want to dig into it:

The second one also include a link to the old forums, where you find many more. It will take you a while to decide how you really want them organized, but there are a lot of good ideas in these!