What do YOU want in ListenBrainz?

I listen to a track on Spotify/Bandcamp/iTunes etc., and it scrobbles it to Listenbrainz with the recording_mbid so that I can actually tie my listens to the MB database. I know LB can accept a recording_mbid, but this is not done from any of the major music platforms. This would really unlock the power of LB.

1 Like

I’d like to have an option to manually link historic listens to recording IDs. Everything I imported from Last.fm seems to exist separately from my recent listens that do include the IDs. I think one of the main advantages of ListenBrainz compared to Last.fm is that the IDs are a more durable (and more easily disambiguated) way to store exactly what you have been listening to, as the way artists and titles are tagged changes over time and Last.fm seems to only do a kind of plain text comparison.

5 Likes

I’ve just noticed that it’s possible to delete all listens from the profile page (not sure since when!). Well that solves my problem, I can finally start from scratch and start to use ListenBrainz for real! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Following up again, we’ve added a number of graphs to the reports page (and are adding more!)

https://listenbrainz.org/user/iliekcomputers/reports?range=year

Feedback and feature requests are much appreciated!

8 Likes

I would very much welcome with open arms an easier way to get user’s play count on a track basis in the API, similarly to what last.fm has: https://www.last.fm/api/show/track.getInfo

I would like to update the track play counts in the player with what’s in LB and to do so currently I have to get the full scrobble history and calculate the needed info myself.

I can file a feature request if you want me to.

2 Likes

Could a listenbrainz scrobbler be integrated to the musicbrainz app?

1 Like

Could you open a ticket at tickets.metabrainz.org for us to discuss this in more detail? We have a recording count endpoint which returns the user’s top recordings with the play counts, which might be helpful here (https://listenbrainz.readthedocs.io/en/production/dev/api/#get--1-stats-user-(user_name)-recordings). But having a track based endpoint is something we’re open to if it’s really helpful.

I think the MusicBrainz android app already allows scrobbling to ListenBrainz. Let me confirm and get back to you on this.

1 Like

Hi @Lotheric, the app has a basic support for submitting listens but it has been tested only lightly. You can enable it from the settings inside the app.

In theory, it should work with all applications but different music players handle it differently so you can test if it works with the player of your choice correctly. If it doesn’t, you can report it and I’ll take a look into it.

The complete details of this deserve a post of its own. I’ll open a ticket and write up a community post as soon as possible to explain the scrobbling features of the app.

3 Likes

Reported:

The new daily activity chart is very cool but is that mouse over effect really intentional? I think it would be much better without the flickering colours!

Forgot to reply here, but the mouseover effect was removed a few weeks ago because of this feedback.

2 Likes

How long does it take for the stats and graphs to appear after the last.fm import?

Hi, we currently update the stats on Tuesday and Friday every week. We are working on increasing the frequency of updates so that the stats are updated everyday.

1 Like

+1 Enable the option to remove / edit listens.

Removal of individual listens is now possible! https://twitter.com/ListenBrainz/status/1297655945938587654

9 Likes

This really is great, finally I can immediately get rid of accidentally submitted listens.

I also noticed that there is love / unlove functionality now, but there seems to be no API yet. Is this coming?

I noticed one thing: If you delete a listen imported from Spotify it comes back with the next Spotify refresh. Could this be avoided?

2 Likes

Finally :slight_smile: thanks for this feature!

Possible improvements:

• delete all listens with same title/artist
  • allow to search and delete a set of listens
  • blacklist listens (so they aren’t added again)
7 Likes

Yeah, that’s a bug. will open a ticket and see what we can do about it.

2 Likes

I like the artist origins map, but I’m more interested in a map that shows the number of times I listened to artists per country instead of the number of artists I listened to per country.

With the current map, an artist I listened to once is counted as one, and an artist I listened to a hunderded times is counted as one. I would like to see the second artist to be counted as hundred instead. That would better reflect my listening habits when I’ve been listening to that Antarctican artist all week and listened to a US artist only once.

6 Likes