Requests for Votes Thread

See Editing FAQ, you find in each edit page like the one you linked. :wink:
You can read it, there are certainly other interesting things in there.
Keep up the good work of editing MB! :grin::+1:

1 Like

The Elettrosmog group changed its name to Astrolabio after its first album

At the moment in MB there is only Astrolabio as artist page

Should I use this artist to add the Elettrosmog album or is it better to add the new Elettrosmog artist page?

1 Like

According to that bio you have linked, there was only one member change (drummer) when they changed band name.
So I would add their debut album in this artist, using artist credit.

2 Likes

Could someone fix the track lengths on this release? It’s greyed out for me.

Evidence 1
Evidence 2
Evidence 3

@PunkWillNeverDie44 There is an attached DiscID. Do you have this release? Add a new discID to change the times. Otherwise trust the data you are looking at.

2 Likes

To elaborate on @ivandobsky’s comment - when a disc ID is attached, the track lengths are taken from it and can’t be edited manually. This takes priority over track lists printed on the packaging, which are often inaccurate.

6 Likes

Open edits for:
https://musicbrainz.org/search/edits?auto_edit_filter=&combinator=and&conditions.0.args.0=1165476&conditions.0.field=artist&conditions.0.name=Cab+Calloway+and+His+Orchestra&conditions.0.operator=%3D&conditions.1.args=1&conditions.1.field=status&conditions.1.operator=%3D&negation=0&order=desc&page=1
and
https://musicbrainz.org/search/edits?auto_edit_filter=&order=desc&negation=0&combinator=and&conditions.0.field=artist&conditions.0.operator=%3D&conditions.0.name=Cab+Calloway+and+His+Cotton+Club+Orchestra&conditions.0.args.0=673800&conditions.1.field=status&conditions.1.operator=%3D&conditions.1.args=1

Those are part of a set of edits to clean the different releases from Cab Calloway and get the original dates.

To explain how I proceeded:

1. I added the different original releases (mostly 78 RPM singles) + some LPs with rare tracks
  2. Checked all current available albums & compilations to identify recordings sources when available (+ some guidelines cleanings on titles)
  3. Checked different official sources for recordings (ex: Jazz and Ragtime Records, 1897-1942) and aggregated infos in a file to have all the confirmed and potential recordings
  4. (where we are know) Merging the tracks known to have only one recording
  5. Clean recordings with multiple versions
  6. Clean the recordings credited to Cab Calloway only (17 pages)

Thanks for the help

4 Likes

https://musicbrainz.org/edit/81042270

I created the artist with the disambiguation “1970s, Holland”, and linked him to a Discogs page that, at the time, contained releases from Holland in the 1970s. As a result of some Discogs reshuffling, the Discogs page now is about a Hungarian guitarist.

This edit would update the Discogs link to be the new link for the Dutch music.

I’ve gotten a no-vote–by someone who (it seems) thinks the MB artist entry should now be about the Hungarian guitarist.

Okay, nevermind. I’m withdrawing that edit, and replacing it with one that makes sense.

1 Like

https://musicbrainz.org/release/79537026-2eca-4e92-a969-bd2b5ea814d6/edits
I added 2 missing tracks from the list of this compilation. Aesthetic Vibes | Various Artists | Underrated Records
Could I get some yes votes for this?

Hi,
for the same soundtrack there are two release groups with very different tracklists

Can they be merged?

1 Like

They are the same. The tracklisting isn’t even really different. It’s just that the 2014 release editor forgot MB style for tracks that are parts of bigger works by leaving off the main name of the work. The “À bout de souffle :” needs to be added on tracks 1-10, and so on the rest of the release when different parts of a work get their own track.

1 Like

Can someone go over my submissions? Very new here and don’t want to get going if I’m doing stuff wrong.
I have gotten 0 votes or notes so far.

1 Like

Hello,

Had a look and quite OK except:

• Guidelines regarding English capitalization
  • Release Group (RG) for promotional CD: It seems those releases should be in same Release Group than the album they refer.
1 Like

Second thought. The 2014 release is the “À Bout De Souffle” soundtrack only, and the other one is in a series of French soundtracks

and it includes music from other movies also (A Bout De Souffle, L’Affaire D’Une Nuit, Le Procès, Les Ennemis, Échappement Libre) So, I think it’s worth keeping them disjoint.

1 Like

Oh, Ok. I thought they were just bonus tracks.

Could someone help me remove all of these extra tracks on this release?

Those are meant to be there according to the DiscID. I added the Bandcamp version which just has 13 tracks if that helps with tagging?

4 Likes

Another set of edits for Cab Calloway https://musicbrainz.org/artist/315bd083-892b-4e76-a9f0-91a7408168fc/edits

Objective is to merge Recordings credited to Cab Calloway only with the reviewed ones from other entities (& Orchestra, Cotton Club, Cab Jivers).
This is first batch with only the “easy” cases:

• Only one recording known & similar durations
  • Booklet infos match & similar durations
  • Some recordings renamed to official name before merging (allow to not have to switch between different pages)

Thanks

1 Like