Use the name of the album as file name for the cover

Hi

Is it possible to use the name of the album in the image file? If so, how can I configure this? (The name “cover” is not very effective.)

Thank you in advance
Radulph

Yeah, you can use variables inside the file naming. E.g. just setting “Options” > “Cover Art” > “Use the following file name for images” to %album% will use the album title for the name.

Wow, this is amazing and so simple. It works perfect and stores a lot of time. Thank you very much!

I’m starting to love this program

I’m happy this worked for you. I think it’s a kind of hidden and not very well known feature :slight_smile:

It defaults to such name because many players are looking for cover.jpg or folder.jpg in the audiofile’s directory. But it was made configurable :wink:

unfortunately the reverse case does not seem to be true as importing cover art locally doesn’t allow for using tag variables for import

setting “Options” > “Cover Art” > “Local Files” doesn’t seem to take variables unless i miss my guess

Hi Zas, I know that it is not effective. I prefer the name of the album in the cover file name. But how? You wrote it is configurable :slight_smile:

I answered exactly that a few posts above in this thread :wink:

You are correct, scripting currently can’t be used when loading the local cover art, only when saving it. I created a ticket at https://tickets.metabrainz.org/browse/PICARD-1044 but it hasn’t been implemented yet because there were more pressing issues before. Now that Picard 2 has been released, someone could try to make a PR (I would do it myself but I’m not a programmer).