Unknown Album showing as Various Artists

@rdswift I am using your script but having trouble figuring out what I’m doing wrong.

Tracks that are being identified without a known album are getting filed under [Various Artists] and I can’t find the reason for this.

Here is an example track.

Here is what it is filing it as.
Base-Dir/[Various Artists]/[YEAR] [Non-Album Tracks]/tracknumber track.ext

I would like those tracks to be filed under the Artist folder and the album set as [non-album tracks]. I set the constant under line 109 to $set(_cUnknownAlbum,[Non-Album Tracks]) already.

What I was hoping for is…
Base-Dir/~LETTER~/Artist/[Non-Album Tracks]/track.ext

I’m sure I’m doing something wrong. Any help is much appreciated.

What are you matching it to in the right-hand pane? If you’re not matching it to anything, then it is relying on the tags already existing in the file because it isn’t retrieving any album / track information from MusicBrainz.

A fresh Scan of the track gives me this.

I thought I had something figured out and added this code to the Set the file path section, but I couldn’t get it to work.

$if($ne_any(%_nAlbumType%,Classical,Soundtrack,Other,Single,Standard),$set(_nFilePath,%_nInitial%/$swapprefix(%_nFAA%,A,An,The)/%_nANT%/))

I tried to delete the album tag in my file and that didn’t work, and I couldn’t figure out how to match an empty field for the release type. Feel like I’m going in circles now.

Okay, I think the problem is that it isn’t finding an album artist ID, so it is defaulting to [Various Artists]. Try changing lines 413-415 from:

$if($eq(%_nAlbumType%,Standard),$if($eq($if2(%musicbrainz_albumartistid%,%_cVariousArtistID%),%_cVariousArtistID%),
    $set(_nFilePath,%_cVariousArtist%/%_nYear% %_nANT%/),
    $if($eq($if2(%musicbrainz_albumartistid%,%_cUnknownArtistID%),%_cUnknownArtistID%),

to

$if($eq(%_nAlbumType%,Standard),$if($eq(%musicbrainz_albumartistid%,%_cVariousArtistID%),
    $set(_nFilePath,%_cVariousArtist%/%_nYear% %_nANT%/),
    $if($eq(%musicbrainz_albumartistid%,%_cUnknownArtistID%),

and see if that helps.

1 Like

That works great, except it wants to file it to ~ # ~ instead of ~ A ~ for some reason.

Is it something in my file?

Try changing line 222 from:

$set(_nInitial,~ $upper($firstalphachar(%_nFAAPS%,#)) ~/)

to

$set(_nInitial,~ $upper($firstalphachar($if2(%_nFAAPS%,%albumartist%,%artist%),#)) ~/)

and see if that helps.

1 Like

Well not initially, but I tried something on a hunch.

You helped me here and I noticed you changed %_nFAAPS% to %_nFAA% in that code, so I changed this code to use %_nFAA% as well and it worked.

Not sure if that will break something else, but will keep an eye on it.

Thank you very much for the help!

2 Likes

Excellent. I had forgotten about that suggested change. Glad you were able to get it working the way you wanted.

It shouldn’t break anything else, but I’ve been wrong before… :wink:

1 Like