Tag Window Missing

I started using MusicBrainz Picard and after a while I felt I was really starting to get the hang of it. Sadly, my Tag Window disappeared and I cant figure out how to get it to show up again. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is a copy of my log:

E: 10:42:04 Plugin ‘bpm’ : Traceback (most recent call last):
File “picard\plugin.pyo”, line 299, in load_plugin
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBrainz Picard\plugins\bpm_init_.py”, line 30, in
ImportError: No module named aubio

That error seems standard (I get it every time on startup as well), but it shouldn’t affect anything unless you’re trying to use the “BPM Analyzer” plugin. As a note, it can’t find the more-properly-spelled module “audio” either.

I could be missing something obvious, but what do you mean by “tag window”? If you’re using Windows, you can always try right-clicking an empty spot on the taskbar and selecting “Cascade windows” to see if it disappeared off the edge or something, but the only windows I see in vanilla Picard are the options, the file/folder pickers, the “Lookup CD” results (none of which sound like what you’re looking for), the “Album info” window (has a tag icon, but seems to only show cover art), the multi-value field editor and the main window itself; most of the editing happens in the bottom pane of the last rather than in the popup, and for me the second-to-last always appears in the middle of the main window.

Im terrible at screenshots but I gave it a shot.

There used to be window that would describe what all the meta data was and would be after applying tjhe new changes.

Ah, yeah. I’m a bit too used to programming terms, and wasn’t thinking of that as a window. Sorry!

If you mouse over the top edge of that grey bar, your cursor should show that you can drag something; try dragging that edge up an inch or two (it won’t look like it’s doing anything for a while), and the editor should reappear. Not quite sure why Picard doesn’t make it more obvious that the pane is hidden, though.

3 Likes

WOW! I feel so foolish. That did the trick. I cant stop laughing :laughing:
Thank you for your help.

Well, I didn’t know that was possible either until you said the pane was missing. The only advantage I had to figuring out how to fix it was still knowing where it was on my copy, and so being able to play around with it to try to make the pane disappear. Glad I could help!

I ran into this too. Y’all need to improve your UI!