Sub tracks on Fresh Air soundtrack album

How are sub tracks modelled and handled? I recently imported the Fresh Air soundtrack album from Discogs Release “Fresh Air” by Various Artists - MusicBrainz

s-l500

Pictured above is the track listing where tracks 6, 13 and 16 are two songs glued together and on Discogs this was treated a sub-tracks ie 6.1 and 6.2. How is this best modelled on MusicBrainz? When I ripped this album from my CD collection it only created 16 tracks / MP3 files.

2 Likes

6 - The Fighter / Fresh Air Country Theme - Sunday / Carol Ralph, Roger James, Peter Ansom

No clean answer, just has to be slashes. Which means the artists of the two tracks are mushed into one with a slash as a join phrase. (There is a Ticket for this somewhere…)

The best way to look at it is that MusicBrainz lists the actual tracks as found on the CD. Which means a track list that matches the rip. If you uploaded the DiscID this tracklist numbering would have been enforced.

The import scripts are fairly basic and not handle stuff like this.

5 Likes

These look like artist names, though, not pay off the titles.

Sorry. Don’t understand your point? Yes, they are the artists of the second track. Maybe I was just a bit rubbish with my reply layout. :slight_smile:

See the above image and track 6. In MB would would have to make a combined track 6 as follows.

Track Number: 6
Track Title: The Fighter / Fresh Air Country Theme
Track Artists: Sunday / Carol Ralph, Roger James, Peter Ansom

1 Like