Sources for AcoustIds with only User Submitted Data

I was revisiting how I use AcoustIds and I noticed that fingeprints with user submitted data, also had noOfSources

https://acoustid.org/track/635ea43a-491b-4967-98a6-2878b65f4d01

@lukz has this always been the case, or has this been newly added (because I thought they were only available when they had been matched to a MusicBrainz recording) ?

Either way if you use the api on this acoustID you get 5 recordings, i.e it shows each all five rather than showing three (two of them have two sources) which seems rather wasteful. Are there any plans to just return three records but with a numOfSources field so we can identify the most popular submission.

e.g

http://api.acoustid.org/v2/lookup?format=xml&client=apiKey&batch=1&trackid.0=635ea43a-491b-4967-98a6-2878b65f4d01&meta=recordings+releasegroups+compress+usermeta+sources+

gives

<response><status>ok</status><fingerprints><fingerprint><index>0</index><results><result><recordings><recording><releasegroups><releasegroup><title>Antonio Vivaldi, Concerti</title></releasegroup></releasegroups><title>Concerto g-moll op. 10 Nr. 2 RV 439, 2. Fantasmi (Presto)</title><artists><artist>I Musici</artist></artists></recording><recording><releasegroups><releasegroup><title>I Musici, Aurele Nicolet (flute), Heinz Holliger (oboe), Klaus Thunemann (bassoon), Hakan Hardenberger and Reinhold Friedrich (trumpet)</title></releasegroup></releasegroups><title>Concerto in G minor for Flute "La Notte", op. 10 no. 2, RV439 : II. Fantasmi (Presto)</title><artists><artist>Antonio Vivaldi</artist></artists></recording><recording><releasegroups><releasegroup><title>I Musici, Aurele Nicolet (flute), Heinz Holliger (oboe), Klaus Thunemann (bassoon), Hakan Hardenberger and Reinhold Friedrich (trumpet)</title></releasegroup></releasegroups><title>Concerto in G minor for Flute "La Notte", op. 10 no. 2, RV439 : II. Fantasmi (Presto)</title><artists><artist>Antonio Vivaldi</artist></artists></recording><recording><releasegroups><releasegroup><title>Antonio Vivaldi, Concerti</title></releasegroup></releasegroups><title>Concerto g-moll op. 10 Nr. 2 RV 439, 2. Fantasmi (Presto)</title><artists><artist>I Musici</artist></artists></recording><recording><releasegroups><releasegroup><artists><artist>I Musici</artist></artists><title>Concerti</title></releasegroup></releasegroups><title>Concerto g-moll op. 10 Nr. 2 RV 439, 2. Fantasmi (Presto)</title><artists><artist>I Musici di Roma</artist></artists></recording></recordings><score>1.0</score><id>635ea43a-491b-4967-98a6-2878b65f4d01</id></result></results></fingerprint></fingerprints></response>