Some tracks for "The Music Made Me Do It" by Ted Nugent are wrong

I noticed that some of the tracks listed on the rear of “The Music Made Me Do It” by Ted Nugent are wrong. I got this copy sealed and brand new a couple days ago. Yesterday I submitted a disc ID for this to https://musicbrainz.org/release/ecfc7632-57ef-4413-bf7a-0b921d12333e. For instance, track 6 should be “I Just Wanna Go Huntin” and track 9 is “BackStrap Fever”.

What’s the best way to handle a case like this?

1 Like

I did not go and check this case yet but usually you should check the edit history and see the references used there to understand why it’s different.
It could be a mistake but it could also be a different edition than yours.

2 Likes

I added that release when it was first announced, before it actually came out. There may well have been changes made to the tracklist between when the release was announced and when it hit shelves.
Unfortunately, there’s no way to rearrange a tracklist once a Disc ID is attached. It will have to be temporarily removed so that any corrections can be submitted, then re-added.

Edit: Fortunately, you left the edit open, so we can vote it down for now, then someone can fix the tracklist and restore the Disc ID.

2 Likes

It’s weirder than that. The back of my copy’s case lists the tracks exactly as it appears on Musicbrainz. The tracks on the CD within don’t match up with what’s on the case. Everything about the CD case (label, release number, barcode) match up with what’s in Musicbrainz.

The following tracks are differences from what’s on the back versus what actually is on the CD.
06 I Just Wanna Go Huntin
07 Sunrize Fender
09 BackStrap Fever

I guess I can cancel my edit that added the Disc ID?

3 Likes

Yes. You don’t have to submit the Disc ID a second time once this issue is cleared up; it can be salvaged from the link in the edit you already made.
More information:

Done. I’ll go ahead and redo the track list.

2 Likes

Sorry, I already took care of it.
Edit #70820567 - Edit medium
Edit #70820588 - Add disc ID

1 Like

Unfortunately, that’s not the correct order. This is the order that generated the Disc ID I uploaded:

01 The Music Made Me Do It
02 Where Ya Gonna Run To Get Away From Yourself
03 Cocked, Locked & Ready To Rock
04 BigFunDirtyGrooveNoize
05 I Love Ya Too Much Baby
06 I Just Wanna Go Huntin
07 Sunrize Fender
08 Fred Bear
09 BackStrap Fever
10 Sunrize Fender (Fender Bass VI solo)

1 Like

Oh crap. Looks like we’ll have to repeat the process all over again:
https://musicbrainz.org/edit/70820611
This time, I think I’ll have to leave the cleanup to you. You have a copy of the release for reference; I don’t.

2 Likes