Some of them are really helpful, for some I have little use (at least for now), some are a bit annoying to go through regularly because of the numerous false positives and some are simply not pointing to where the problem is accurately enough.
So first I have some questions about specific reports and how to “fix” them:
Recordings with titles containing featuring artists
- What to do with mock featured artists?
- e.g.: feat. Meskaline, Stacks & a pilled up studio black cough broad who was there
- should that be entered as one artist with an annotation saying it’s not a real artist, as an alias/“credited as” of the main track artist, as a special purpose artist or should it be left in the title?
Releases with unlikely language/script pairs
- What would be a likely language to pair with the Symbols script?
- I have two releases in my list (1 and 2) that are set as Symbols and English and I think that makes sense as there are lots of symbols in the titles but you can still read them as English words (mostly). Maybe multiple scrips would be better.
Artists with Collaboration Relationships
- Quick question: It says “This report lists artists which have collaboration relationships but no URL relationships. If the collaboration has its own independent name, do nothing.”. How about adding: “, or even better: try to find an URL for the collaboration and add it.”?
Now to my suggestions:
- How about the ability to mark reports as “false positives” so they disappear from the lists? This could either be implemented as marking it just for you, or in a way that if many people agree it is a false positive (similar to the voting system for edits) it will disappear for everybody.
I’m aware that this would be easier for some reports, like marking a single and an album as not the same release group and harder for others, like possible duplicate artists.
- Would it be possible to have reports like Artists occuring multiple times in the same artist credit point you to the actual artist credits in question?
- How about a filter for entities that have been edited in the past 8 days (this would filter out entities where a fix is in the queue as well as those that are already fixed, but still show up - I think)?
- Or the ability to filter Artists without subscribers by tags or search these artists’ disambiguations. Or even filter them by artists that appear in artist credits together with an artist you subscribed to.
- Wherever you are on MB there should be a button “Show all reports for this entity”.
- In the reports view there should be a “Open Edits” link like in collections.
- Additional reports I’d like to see:
- Releases with links, but without an album cover. (I’m assuming most links will point to somewhere where you can get an album cover, but there will be lots of false positives again too).
- Artists with separate legal name entry, but only one “also performs as” entry (Again, false positives: Artists who perform under their legal names as separate projects to an artist name).
- Artists with aliases that have no own releases set as separate projects.
- Groups that have no members
- Artists without Wikidata
- Artists with Wikidata but basic info missing (like legal name, gender, area, whether it’s a person or group, …)
- Artists with same name and no disambiguation (could be a filter for the possible duplicate artists report).
- Releases/Release Groups that appear to have artists in the title (e.g. “X presents Y”, “X hosted/mixed/… by Y”).