Show recordings without work relationships?

I’d like to update a bunch of work relationships. Is there a way to view recordings for a particular artist that do not have work relationships?

WARNING - HERE BE DRAGONS!!

Edited to note: also here be totally the wrong answer, see posts below…

This script of @loujin’s will do what you want - and much more. But is it slightly BUGGY so use with care as it is almost TOO POWERFUL:
https://github.com/loujine/musicbrainz-scripts#display-missing-work-relations-for-an-artist-recordings

On an artist recording page it will show you what is missing, and what can then be linked.

BUT be careful as it is very easy to accidentally add dups to recordings that are already linked to a (live) work. Sometimes it seems to be a bit out of sync with what is actually going on. So be careful and double check the edits.

I only use the add “Their suggested works” or paste a specific link in. I still end up making mistakes.

I share this with you as you know what you are doing :smiley:

(When I say “Buggy”, I get a feeling that sometimes it gets hiccups or is a bit laggy. Sometimes seems to show a slightly different list to reality. Especially after a change has just been done. Not quite worked out what is going on… So double check some of your edits)

Huge time saver for filling in gaps - especially on VA and collections

4 Likes

I haven’t been using that script for a long time, so I’m not surprised if it’s buggy…

Wait, that script only shows what is missing, it’s not used directly to add relations right? Aren’t you mixing it up with the “batch-add recording relations” (or something close) script?

1 Like

I think “buggy” is better to be worded as “over powerful”. Which means mistakes are easy to make. I am trying to make sure people are wary and double check when using it. In the hands of the lazy this could make a big mess if hosepiped in the wrong direction :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.

That is the one I am using. Really very handy. And I thank you for it as it has saved a lot of clicking. (Or have I got this totally confused?)

Edit: Haha - whoops. Sorry. You are correct @loujin, I posted a link to TOTALLY the wrong script and person. It is a @murdos script that I am using

MusicBrainz: Batch-add “performance of” relationships is the one I am thinking of.
moves notes from above and pretends error didn’t happen
On an artist recording page it will show you what is missing, and what can then be linked.

BUT be careful as this is almost too POWERFUL and it is very easy to accidentally add dups to recordings that are already linked to a (live) work. Sometimes it seems to be a bit out of sync with what is actually going on. So be careful and double check the edits.

I only use the add “Their suggested works” or paste a specific link in. I still end up making mistakes.

I share this with you as you know what you are doing :smiley:

(When I say “Buggy”, I get a feeling that sometimes it gets hiccups or is a bit laggy. Sometimes seems to show a slightly different list to reality. Especially after a change has just been done. Not quite worked out what is going on… So double check some of your edits)

Huge time saver for filling in gaps - especially on VA and collections

1 Like