Script to cluster my music as it gets added to picard?

would it be posable to make a script that script that trys to cluster my music as it gets added to picard? like some sort of import script that clusters in picard as it imports music from my itunes library folder. I have lots of music and picard douse not like it if i leave it to the end to do it. I dont know much about scripting

Scripting is not suited for this. This would need an auto-clustering built into Picard. There is a ticket for this:

There had been attempts to implement this, but it turns out this isn’t as easy as it sounds :slight_smile:

I don’t think auto-clustering would make this any easier. The real thing here is that you should load less files into Picard at once. I’ll never understand why people think handling tens of thousands of files at once in Picards UI makes any sense ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 Likes

thanks for that no harm in asking :slight_smile:

1 Like

There were various attempts to implement a way to warn users about this, but PRs were too buggy to be merged.

I still think it would be useful, because, yes, some users load 100k files at once and think it would be fine…

Also we really need a better processing queue, handling batches, suspend/resume, cancel, etc…

2 Likes

a queue system would be a good way to go