Rework album collection

I have a semi large music collection ~60GB with large number of Various Artists collections. Now, when I originally run MBP, some of those collections ended up separated by individual artists, and some not (i.e. I ended up with hundreds of folders with one song in them, but also with VA folders). I would like to re-organize my collection to get rid off those single file folders and re add them to their correct location.

Any idea?

Somewhere in your naming script you have the tag %artist% as a directory. Replace it with %albumartist% or %albumartistsort% and it will keep your albums together better.

hi Billy -

this is how it looks now:

$if2(%albumartist%,%artist%)/$if($ne(%albumartist%,),%album%,)$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),%discnumber%-,)$if($ne(%albumartist%,),$num(%tracknumber%,2) ,)$if(%_multiartist%,%artist% - ,)%title%

any suggestion where and what to change?

hi Billy -

this is how it looks now:

$if2(%albumartist%,%artist%)/$if($ne(%albumartist%,),%album%/,)$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),%discnumber%-,)$if($ne(%albumartist%,),$num(%tracknumber%,2) ,)$if(%_multiartist%,%artist% - ,)%title%

any suggestion where and what to change?

That looks like it should work. Can you post a link to a MusicBrainz release that gets split into individual artists when you save it?