Reply by email feature

I tried to reply a post by email, as suggested in the notification email I receive from a community MB org topic, but it does not seem to work.
Do you think it would be possible to either activate this feature or to remove the reply by email suggestion from the notifications? :slight_smile:

1 Like

The feature is already activated - if it wasn’t, you wouldn’t be seeing the “reply by email” in the e-mails. However, it seems like GMail and Discourse don’t work well together, so I’ll disable the feature again for now. :frowning:

1 Like

Oh then too bad I have erased the error message I received.
I don’t think it was a problem of GMail because I use YMail and also because seeing the recipient email address shown when we reply to this email to respond, I though it couldn’t work:

"MetaBrainz Community Discourse" <community+replies+{reply_key}@metabrainz.org>

I think it looks like {reply_key} should have been replaced on the fly by some number for the feature to run properly.

It doesn’t matter what you use. The mail account Discourse is coupled with is a GMail account (like all other @metabrainz.org e-mail addresses).

Huh, indeed it should have. I don’t know why it didn’t.

Edit: Seems like the format has changed upstream. I’ve reenabled “reply by email” again. Can you test whether it works now?

2 Likes

Hey now the recipient is community+replies+somesuperidhere@metabrainz.org so I think you will be able to read this wonderful confirmation!
Thanks very much, @Freso, this feature can be handy at times!

4 Likes