Remove featured artists

So I am struggling a bit sorting my music library. When finallizing picard, I go to view the folder with the new tagged files and I have so many folders with “artist + feat. Artist” when I would like to have everything by the main artist in 1 folder and under that, the albums by that artist and under that, the media files named “track number – artist – title”.

I have tried a few of the plugins because they move the feat. Artist tag but it wasn’t what I was looking for. Or maybe I didn’t use it right, but im thinking maybe it has to do with my file naming structure and if not that then somewhere in the settings I can adjust something?

Any help in pointing me in the right direction is greatly appreciated… oh and here is the file naming structure I am currently using:

$set(Artist,$replace($rreplace(%artist%,[_:], -),?,)/)
$set(Album,$replace($rreplace(%album%,[Non-album tracks][_:], -),?,)$if(%originaldate%,$if(%album%, )\($left(%originaldate%,4)\))/)
$set(MultiDisc,$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),Disc $num(%discnumber%,1)/)
$set(Track, $num(%tracknumber%,2) - ))
$set(Title,%artist% - %title%)

%Artist%
%Album%
%MultiDisc%
%Track% 
%Title%

First you likely should use the %albumartist% instead of the track’s %artist% for the top folder name. For most cases this would already resolve your issues. Especially for singles often times the album artist also contains a “featuring”, though. Have a look at the below thread for a discussion with solutions:

5 Likes

aww ya that seemed to sort out at least most of it, i remember the example file didnt turn out the way i would want so thats why i never used it but thank u for the suggestion

1 Like

If you save local files not yet tagged with MB data they might not have the album artist set, only artist. Well possible that’s what happened in your initial test.

One way to handle that is to replace %albumartist% with $if2(%albumartist%,%artist%). Then it’ll fall back to the artist tag if album artist is not set.

2 Likes