Quadrophonic releases how to reference mix (4.0, quad, quadrophonic)

All three what?
It has been suggested that the text used as the basis for ETI/Recording comment be taken verbatim from the release. My example of “(QUAD Multichannel 4.0 mix)” would be the verbatim text for the example release. See the image above.

This is what I mean. Some common sense is required. This is why I am pointing at the flexibility of language but repetition like that rare example not allowed. Just a single term to be used.

This conversation has been had many times before. And that why we currently do things the way we do. (quad mix) or (4.0 mix) but not both. Same with (stereo) (stereo mix) or (2.0 mix) but not (stereo 2.0 mix).

I agree. What we’re saying is “it is not necessary to use the release text verbatim” to determine the ETI. In which case, why bother allowing for different representations of the same things? It makes thinks like searching more difficult,. ie, why allow for “4.0”, “Quad.”, and “Quadraphonic” (and all of their non-English translations) when they all mean the same thing? I don’t see the value.

Because we are much more used to saying “Stereo” than saying “2.0 mix”. Having two things to search for is not that complex for a search.

The search question is another good reason that “number of channels” should be a value that can be associated to recordings.