Puting all artists folder in one folder

My purpose it to keep Windows Explorer looking organized.

Surely it would be more organized if you had separate album folders under each artist folder.

@ijabz we all have different ideas in our own heads as to how music needs to be organised. This is the beauty of good tags. Once files have good tags any decent music program will use those tags to then work with the music.

The more you work with the file renaming and reorganising available in Picard, the easier it gets to have music sorted exactly as one needs.

I can see a very logical reason to have ā€œall tracks in one artist folderā€. Not everyone has every track of every album. Instead many people own a scattering of tracks from various albums that have been individually sourced. Not everyone thinks about albums.

I did that on my computer for years. And it is still my preferred method of use.
But my mobile devices, arenā€™t as user friendly as Windows. For them, I have an artist folder, and the name of the album is in the file name instead of being a separate folder.
And since I want one system that I can copy from device to device, it leaves me with a decision: format for the pc or mobile.

I already said

that is a good plan is when you really dont care about albums, only songs

Yes, but Picard is album based you will have more success with Picard if your files are grouped by album rather than bpm. Yes tags allow you to view your music in any way you like, which is why it makes sense to physically store albums into an album based folder structure then you can use the tags to view whatever way you like.