Portuguese help needed for release

I came across a release under an artist whilst looking to add a new release. I found this release with little to no data on it and some incorrect data selections. I checked the notes and saw the original editor added this release, then cancelled the tracklist and reference, leaving only the release group and a shell for the release…

In attempt to correct the data, I obtained a copy of the release from the reference which is still valid, and the download works. I then added the data I could and used the track names as-is from the files obtained from the download. I was unable to use the metadata as it is almost non existent and nothing of use. I also attempted to correct the title per the reference, so that is the work I was able to do.

What I would like to ask is could someone with Portuguese experience could help me in finishing/correcting the release from here? I have done what I could, but my knowledge in the language is not near enough to go further, or even be sure I have entered what I did correctly, especially the style and the title of the release. I just used all as-is from source to the best of my abilities. If any of my edita need cancel, just ask, otherwise, any help is appreciated.

I converted the titles to sentence case. “Ta vendo” might be a typo of “Te vendo”.

Thanks for questioning the title. From what I can see, that is how this recording is titled, using other albums, sites, YouTube video from VEMO, etc.

Does the title of the release look proper to you? Meaning what I have an open edit for to change what was originally there?

Also, original editor listed this as official release. Given the reference, does that appear correct to you? In the US, I can easily identify sites that are hosting official vs bootleg releases, but with other countries, I Am not always sure what is official or not, or illegal or not, or even what the laws might be to distinguish with that.

I question so specifically as there is nothing to indicate why the original editor cancelled the tracklisting and reference edit leaving only a shell of a release. I just opted to fill it in vs removing it as there is definite proof of existence, I just want to make sure to get it as proper as possible.

The title is Ao vivo no Milla Mix. I submitted a correction for the release date, since 2016-10-07 is the recording date. I haven’t submitted a title correction since this open edit would conflict: https://musicbrainz.org/edit/49854105

This page explains that the label I submitted is contracted to record live shows, and then (optionally) to make them available for download. That’s why it was released so soon after being recorded. I would call it an official release if it’s the only release. If any label releases something more formal, I would label it promotional.

1 Like

I have cancelled the edit you referenced so you may correct the title properly.

Thank you for your help with this release and your explanations.

My pleasure! Okay, at this point I’ve submitted updates for everything I noticed.

Thanks again, it looks great. Especially considering how I found it.

Can I ask you… I know the guideline of sentence case where artistic works are not in all caps for first letter. Now, many (most in the case for releases I see and get) do not follow this guideline and use caps for most if not all the words in the title. I can see you have changed the recordings so that all are first letter first word caps only… Now on the title, you have “Ao vivo no Milla Mix”. How do you know that “Milla Mix” are both words for capitalization?

That means “Live at the Milla Mix”, so it’s very unlikely that this isn’t a place name. Some Googling finds mention of a “Casa de Shows MILLA MIX” (Milla Mix Show House) which makes it more certain :slight_smile:

Yes, exactly: Milla Mix is a proper noun.

I know the guideline of sentence case where artistic works are not in all caps for first letter. Now, many (most in the case for releases I see and get) do not follow this guideline and use caps for most if not all the words in the title.

Capitalisation rules differ by language. MusicBrainz’ capitalisation guidelines for Portuguese are here; guidelines for other languages are here. Some publications (such as the Portuguese Wikipedia) follow other conventions.

1 Like