Please just one metadata

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll have to look into that, because I thought that they would be removed. Can you explain a bit more what you’re seeing? I don’t think I understand the part about empty tags and where they are originating. Thanks.

That list was always available. I just copied one column from the tag mapping spreadsheet available from the Picard documentation.

Actually, it’s even easier than that. All they need to do is comment out the line with an octothorpe (#) and space, such as “# album”. They could also use the “Restore Defaults” button at the bottom of the page for that setting.

I’ll give it some thought, but Block Tags doesn’t describe the functionality at all because the user provides a “keep” list rather than a “block” list. This provides an “opt-in” alternative to Picard’s “opt-out” orientation (as you commented earlier).

1 Like

I’m actually really beginning to regret developing this plugin, because it opens such a huge can of worms and pretty much defeats most of the benefits of using Picard as a tagger.

1 Like

I still believe the idea of having some opt-in feature available could be useful for some users or user-cases.
But if you are seeing too many obstructions and possible negative effects, and are not having fun with it, probably better abandon it and nip it in the bud?

I tend to agree, which is why I’m not planning to abandon this completely. I just need to think it through a bit more carefully before making any significant changes, and it’s not currently at the top of my list of priorities. And still, the initial release (along with the source code) is available if anyone wants to use it, or use it as a basis for a better version.

1 Like

Great. Let’s await if anyone besides you and me sees a benefit in having a feature like this available.
If not it’s probably good to just let die in piece.

1 Like