Picard to iTunes (apple music) embedding art images not functioning

you can also try it will skip the songs that are missing. you need to select the songs that you wont it to run on before running
and you should look under results not replies

tell application "Music"
	repeat with aTrack in selection
		try
			refresh aTrack
		end try
	end repeat
end tell
1 Like

thanks, tried it, but with no luckā€¦ although i could have been doing it wrong as Iā€™m not exactly sure what u meant

1 Like

@freydangles what you do is in iTunes/Music hi-light all songs in you library then paste the script in to script editor then press the button that looks like a play button. if you are still using iTunes replace Music with iTunes
there are 3 scripts i found that do more or less the same thing

tell application "Music"
	refresh selection
end tell

and dont know what these do differently

tell application "Music"

set sel to selection

if sel is {} then return

repeat with aTrack in sel

if class of aTrack is file track then refresh aTrack

end repeat

end tell
tell application "Music"
	repeat with aTrack in selection
		try
			refresh aTrack
		end try
	end repeat
end tell

some images if you dont get it

and yes i know i have a heap of duplicates im working on it

3 Likes

we all have dupsā€¦ so i was running it correctly and i tried all the ways suggested with multiple variations all with no luck. i even tried allowing music to reorganize the files in hopes it would also pull new metadata but even that didnā€™t work. i hate appleā€¦ thanks guys

1 Like

the only thing i can suggest is may move all your songs to a different place then get iTunes to look for the missing songs and see if that works if it douse not your last option is remove all music from iTunes then re add it back tho you will lose your play count doing that

1 Like