Picard Oddity with DOUBLE AcoustID matches in a Release

Hopefully by the time you read this the Release in question has had “DVD 4” removed. BUT while it is still lurking have a look here:

This is two CDs and a DVD. The PROBLEM is that the DVD originally was just a list of the Audio Recordings. Incorrect and an edit in progress to remove that duff DVD4.

BUT it is causing an interesting problem. When Picard does a SCAN it is seeing my untagged files on the left, and then takes them across to the right. It spots TWO AcoustID matches and matches to the SECOND match each time. Meaning I get all my tracks in correctly linked with DUFF tracks at the bottom of the list in the incorrect DVD4.

Shouldn’t Picard be matching the tracks to the FIRST AcoustID match it finds in a Release?

To get round this today I have used LOOKUP to link to the double CD version, and then dragged those results on top of the 2CD+DVD version and all is well and no more swearing from me. :wink:

1 Like

There is a double madness with that above album at the moment. Three of the tracks are not linked on the DVD. So currently Picard will make even more of a mad track listing as you get 1-11, 1-12, 1-13, then 4-1, 4-2, 4-3, etc. :rofl: That has been a month of tagging madness for people who own this edition.

Please - TLDR request is - When Picard gets an AcoustID match, then stick with the First match in a Release.