Picard keeps locking up


#1

Lately, Picard has been locking up on me. I can’t get the logs since the app has locked up so I can’t get into the Help screen.
Using Picard 1.4.2 and Xubuntu 16.04.3.


#2

It seems to lockup on either the album art (which I’ve disabled) and on looking up other versions of an album. I’m also getting different results when scanning a cluster.


#3

I was able to get the log in debug mode going before the freeze. I do a Cluster, then Scan, then right mouse click on the album in the right pane and then do a right click, Other versions, and choose one of the other albums.
The last entry in the log is (I can’t copy past it):
D: 08:25:12 WSREQ: Last request to (u'musicbrainz.org, 443) was 71679 ms ago, starting another one

And then it freezes up. I hit the close in the upper right and it says the window might be busy or not responding.


#4

Wait a minute - I think I got it!
Turns out the wikidata-genre plugin was the culprit!
I disabled it, deleted it from .config, and now Picard is behaving.

The hunt for a genre plugin continues…