Picard is not sorting as many songs as TuneUp is there more sources for metadata?

There’s a few hundred songs that are still unclustered, I’m assuming it’s not able to find the metadata for those songs, They already have track names and artists and albums in the metadata but it’s not sorting them or making album folders for them. Is there something I’m missing?

The only thing I can think of to fix it is using another metadata server but I’m not sure how to set that up. Or I could just manually go through them all and edit it myself.

I really don’t want to install iTunes and pay for TuneUp again since both are required for it to work.

sample — ImgBB Here’s an example of a song that is still uncategorized. (But was "Cleaned by TuneUp) so there is a database for the metadata out there somewhere.

Kia ora! (hello)

Clustering is based off the folder the files are in, and/or the ‘album’ tag (as far as I know). So it has nothing to do with data on the server, either they aren’t in the same folder, or the album tag doesn’t match/exist.

But note that clustering and saving will move and name the files, but it’s not drawing on the MusicBrainz database. For that you have to select a cluster and press ‘lookup’. Then files will be matched to database items in the right hand panel (if they exist). After you’ve checked the metadata is correct, select them and then hit ‘save’.

It’s not really communicated in the Picard interface unfortunately… anyway, give it a shot and let us know how you go!

2 Likes

I believe Picard also won’t cluster a single track by itself, whether it’s from an album or not

1 Like