#MetaBrainz Meeting 2016-05-09
Meeting start: http://chatlogs.metabrainz.org/brainzbot/metabrainz/msg/3586930/
- Schema change
- WS rate limiting
- been sick, so not very productive
- still fighting to get the electrical service hooked-up
- keep at the list of potential supporters
- "I want to thank everyone for pointing me to leads. :)"
- "I think it is really worthwhile getting the other Open Source, non-profits, academics signed up too."
- "One note. My suggestion regarding making a more direct link to the sign-up/donation page. This suggestion comes from others in our community!"
- finished implementation of OAuth on meb.org
- started integrating it with our fancy office door opener microservice
- fixed broken mbspotify deployment and related issues in CB
- also added a couple of new customers on https://metabrainz.org/supporters because @Rob was at some fun conference
- fixed MBS-8288 and MBS-8804, reviewed some code
- met with @hellska and @alastairp to decide on details of gsoc project
- most of the week on two things
- upgrade all servers due to serious security updates (ssl and nodejs), had to reboot all
- find a better way to rate limit our ws traffic
- plus: usual supervision, minor fixes, minor changes to graphana, upgraded influxdb, etc...
- coordinated with the AcousticBrainz GSoC students.
Discussion about the status of the various tickets. A few tickets still remain that are currently assigned to @LeftmostCat and @chirlu, but @Bitmap reckons that it isn't unsurmountable, as long as patches/pull requests get merged before/on Friday the 13th.
WS rate limiting
@Zas talked about his tests with the new rate limiting and discussed some of his findings/results related to this.