#MetaBrainz Meeting 2016-04-25
- Music Reports
- Finished working on MBS-3887.
- Started converting CritiqueBrainz to Python version 3. Found some problems with caching and spent all night fixing them. I think that’s almost done. I just need to do some more testing and deploy it.
- finished most of the edit classes for the alt-release schema change, only one remaining is the edit-tracklist one
- finished the UI for actually selecting these from the release page
- will finish the remaining edit class stuff and start the web service stuff this week
- did some code review finally, too
- finished nginx cleanups
- worked with @Rob to get the S3 backup (discourse) works as it should
- usual maintainance, supervision, and upgrades
- added nagios checks for ssl certs validity
- worked a bit on Picard, to finally discover it is a pure mess as usual
- made my first ever patch on the MB server backend code, adding a paremter to the /userinfo endpoint to return user id
- made some schema changes to BookBrainz to accomodate this information, which should allow us to link BB users to MB users
- BB users will be able to keep their BB usernames - they’re stored separately from MB usernames
- worked on some UI designs with @LeftmostCat - we had a very productive meeting talking about that, and also worked out how to proceed with the new WS
- BookBrainz has got a much cleaner editing interface coming along
- Remade the static database on rika, which had been emptied mistakenly.
- about to send a PR for the geodetic index schema change.
- been bogged down with coursework, getting it done around thursday so will get back looking through the code and getting involved around then
- not much to report this week really, looking forward to getting stuck in though
- nothing to report as of now, was busy with exams and assignments.
@chrisskye asked about who it was that put a lead in that Music Reports was using MusicBrainz data. With some chat log searching, it was revealed that is was @Rob. A bit of chatter about Music Reports and speculating about their sources.