#MetaBrainz Meeting 2018-03-05
still working on hyperion backlog, but also working on instruments!
Since the damn windows machine broke a lot of my already ripped music (debussy) when it wanted to “fix” that exh, I’ve had to re-lend a lot of releases from the library and re-rip and re-tag those. kinda pita but alas.
chhavi showed me some upcoming work, so I’m looking forward to more chhavi mockups in the future!
in general I’m getting up to speed.
I am working on my proposal for SoC’18. I have already started working on first part of the project which includes testing the MB database access methods and deciding which one turns better for us.
I started my work with direct connection of MB database with AB and have setup the image in AB and worked on fetching the data for an entity. I have opened a pull request for the same,
I also worked on one more PR in AB which enables the feature of getting high-level data for multiple recordings with one request.
I made a post on discourse asking some doubts, now waiting for community’s answer on that.
How should we test the methods of MusicBrainz database access?
A fair amount of discussion ensued; comparing “variants” to
alternative tracklists, some questions about current practices, some discussion about when a new entry would be a Release vs. a “Variant” of another Release.
Ultimately, too many unanswered questions and concerns, so
@zas agreed to try and make a more “formal”/in-depth specification of it or similar and post that on the forums in its own topic for further discussion before bringing it back up at the meeting.
@Freso said that the summit would most likely be in Barcelona again sometime in late Summer or early Autumn, but that it would probably make more sense to discuss this with @Rob present ( @Rob had to leave the meeting due to travel during Reviews), so it was ultimately decided to decide nothing for now and bring it up again at the next meeting.