Not sure how to add "Fifty for the future" project by Kronos Quartet

From https://kronosquartet.org/fifty-for-the-future/composers

Kronos’ Fifty for the Future is commissioning a collection of 50 new works – 10 per year for five years – devoted to the most contemporary approaches to the string quartet, designed expressly for the training of students and emerging professionals. The works will be commissioned from an eclectic group of composers – 25 men and 25 women – and the collection will represent the truly globe-spanning state of the art of the string quartet in the 21st century. Scores & parts, audio recordings, and many more resources are currently available for Fifty for the Future works by Franghiz Ali-Zadeh, Ken Benshoof, Fodé Lassana Diabaté, Garth Knox, Nicole Lizée, Kala Ramnath, Tanya Tagaq, Merlijn Twaalfhoven, Aleksandra Vrebalov, and Wu Man.

All the recordings are available free of charge on SoundCloud. There is no physical release.

I would like to add these recordings to MusicBrainz, but I’m not sure how. Should the whole thing be considered as a release? It doesn’t feel right. Should the recordings from each composer be considered as releases, and should the whole thing be a series? Or perhaps each recording should be added as standalone?

Any thoughts?

1 Like

I’d add the releases as standalone recordings (or singles if they are explicitly released that way) and make a series for the works.

2 Likes

You can add this as an album

2 Likes