MusicBrainz/MetaBrainz Summit 19

Hi everyone!

As some might know MusicBrainz/MetaBrainz has a tradition to hold a yearly summit. This year it will be held in Barcelona again, at the MetaBrainz office, on September 27th–29th.

In @Rob’s words:

The wiki page mentioned, which also has additional information, is
https://wiki.musicbrainz.org/MusicBrainz_Summit/19

We’ve had live streams of the more formal part of the summit for the last two years as well, if anyone wants an idea of the kind of things we have discussed in prior years:

@chhavi also made a VLOG in ’17 about her time in Barcelona, which also includes a lot of the informal summit sessions:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here or e‐mail us or ask us on IRC and we’ll do our best to answer you. :slight_smile:

Hope to see some of you there!

7 Likes

Great thanks to let us know, actually maybe I could make the trip this year, I’ll be probably free ^^

1 Like

What level of (prior) involvement should one have before going to the summit? Editor? Developer?

Wonder if there’s still affordable plane tickets available.

2 Likes

I’d say that this is mostly up to yourself. We may be wary of supporting the tickets for someone who just signed up yesterday, but the summit is also an opportunity for people to maybe “up” their involvement with the projects “behind the scenes”.

If you (or anyone else) has any question about whether they’re personally “eligible” (if you’re considering going, the answer is most likely “yes” :slight_smile: ), I’d say to reach out to me or @Rob (or support@metabrainz.org) and ask and we’ll get back to you. How does that sound?

3 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: How to find events around Barcelona (in a given time)

Will there be a published agenda of topics for the Summit? I see a few suggested topics but wasn’t sure what else beyond those. I was curious what I should prepare in advance.

Your patience to put up with us, mostly. We have generally only had some general topics plus whatever people specifically bring up in advance as wanting to talk about, and then made up the other half of the topics at the summit itself, IIRC.

1 Like

Okay cool. I was wondering if the “tools for moderating MusicBrainz” meant tools specific to DB edits or more broadly moderating the MeB community.