Metadata Not Displaying Correctly On Certain Media Players?

Is not necessarily the case here, could be it handles UTF-8 just fine :smiley: Let’s see. But yes, I agree with your general idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did a test deletion by wiping all the text from the .LIB, and it rebuilt with the same issues.

Alright, I’ll try that. Really though, it sounds like I’m much better off using my phone from now on and the MP3 for scenarios that the phone might not be able to hold a battery through.

Update: UTF-8 produced the same result on artists affected. I tried ISO-8859-1, and it seems to have fixed the issue on the small sample of affected music I tested. I’ll try converting the entire library (separately from my main one) and see if any more music is fixed.

2 Likes

Sounds like you are narrowing it down. The phone will be up to date and handle unicode better. Once your music is fully tagged it makes downgrading copies to ISO-8859-1 tags should be fairly quick for the SanDisk player because of the MBIDs.

Yeah it seems fine now. Even some of the music that wasn’t Musicbrainz related and was glitched has been fixed by switching the encode. I don’t know if it’s related, but I disabled including ID3v1 tags as well.