Merge duplicate recordings between two editions of the same album with “mb. MASS MERGE RECORDINGS”

There I don’t see same release title nor same release group so for me it is really not obvious why those recordings should be merged.

We often have very distinct (live, for instance) recordings of the same song with same length.

5 Likes

Fair enough. I’ll just register my disagreement, and leave it there.

1 Like

One more thing…

It’s “losing”.

5 Likes

FTR, this new edit note request comes from Encouraging Adding Edit Notes topic.

PS. Thanks for the typo, @bflaminio, it’s fixed for next version update

6 Likes

I’m running version 2019.8.26 on Chrome version 76.0.3809.132 on macOS Mojave 10.14.6, and I’m still getting the “Did not queue” error loop. Supposedly this version was supposed to fix that bug…

1 Like

So far I’ve held my tongue on this topic, but now it’s become too much to bear any longer. I’ve been trying to clean up a box set release that was added with all new recordings, and every time I try to initiate merges with the mass-merge script it gets stuck in a loop of “Did not queue.” (This is after I tailored the edit note so as not to produce the new signature error message.) Has anyone else had this problem?

2 Likes

It’s now fixed, @HibiscusKazeneko. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not for me, it isn’t. I have the latest version installed and it still doesn’t work.
Edit: I reinstalled the script a few seconds ago and it still gives the “did not queue” error message loop.

1 Like

Please report error in either https://github.com/jesus2099/konami-command/issues/455 or Merge duplicate recordings between two editions of the same album with “mb. MASS MERGE RECORDINGS” giving as much relevant details as possible (MASS MERGE version, browser name, version, userscript engine name, version, release URLs). Because it works for me. :slight_smile:

Works for me too, and I previously had the problem described by @HibiscusKazeneko.

1 Like

What is your script engine? Violentmonkey? Greasemonkey? Tampermonkey? What version? :slight_smile:
It bugs for all releases or only a specific?

I’m running Tampermonkey v. 4.8.41. AFAIK the mass merge script is the only script that isn’t working correctly.

1 Like

FTR, it wasn’t my intention to force everybody to write edit notes with this tool (just the merge helper one), especially not ones with a certain unknown minimum text limit.

If the auto generated edit note of this tool shows that the releases are related (same release title, same release group or same release artist which is not VA) then for me that would be enough.

6 Likes

Good point that I could lower the expectations when requirements like these are met.
The edit note explanation verbosity expectation could be contextual.

That said I am very happy with some edit notes I now see in the vote queue. Tons of edits that I did not understand before those new explanatory edit notes.

5 Likes

I can second that. It’s definitely better now than it was before. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I tried the script on Firefox for Android with Violentmonkey, and… It worked!!

3 Likes

I’m having the same problem as described by @HibiscusKazeneko with Version 2019.8.26 - it gets stuck in a loop of “Did not queue”
I’m using Greasemonkey 4.9 on Firefox 69.0 (64-Bit) / Windows 10
Tried to merge https://musicbrainz.org/release/407d74ce-4950-4dd0-838a-a23df4256775 with https://musicbrainz.org/release/33cbc7fb-2f66-3f38-9760-ea43a68cd607

I just once again realized how much work cleaning up a release group without this script is. So i would be glad if this could be fixed.

1 Like

@goch @HibiscusKazeneko
It should be fixed with version 2019.9.18.

2 Likes

works very well - thank you for fixing it!

3 Likes

Use to be a avid user of MASS MERGE RECORDINGS script, but since a few months back haven’t been able to, because of the mandatory edit note.

Thought I’ll give it another go.
MASS MERGE RECORDINGS version 2019.9.18 keeps coming back with:
“Proper edit note missing.” when it definitely is there, what ever length it is.

Tried it with lastest versions of:
Opera + Tampermonkey
Firefox + Tampermonkey
Firefox + Greasemonkey

runnig on Win7 x64

jesus2099 help!

1 Like