Label encapsulating both "Inc." and "Corp."

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f05090937f0> #<Tag:0x00007f05090935c0> #<Tag:0x00007f0509093480>

In adding relationships to a release the back cover credits as being “Distributed by Universal Music & Video Distribution, Corp,” I found two potential label entities that could fit: Universal Music & Video Distribution and Universal Music & Video Distribution, Corp. The latter is obviously closer to the proper name, but it seems to be a minor entity (having only five associated releases and no label-label relationships) while the former is much more developed (and has aliases for the more specific names) but also includes the period when the label was known as Universal Music & Video Distribution, Inc., which has the same issue. What’s the proper structure for this? We obviously need to keep the first – if nothing else, until we’re able to resort all of the linked releases into one of the others – but should the latter two entities be merged into it or be given the proper relationships and remain separate?

I’d personally prefer to keep both entities until we have “label credits” and to link to the more properly named one.

That’s what I was leaning toward as well. I’ll add the proper relationships to make them a bit less orphaned. What’s the best way to link to the umbrella name from the Inc. and Corp.? “parent label”?